CAT is Common Admission test a national level management aptitude test conducted by IIM(Indian Institutes of Management).CAT online registration starts in the month of August and examination will be conducted in the month of November.Results will be declared in the month of January.
Important dates for CAT Examination 2018:
Online registration/online application form begins from: August, 2018 to September, 2018
Downloading window of admit card will be open from: October, 2018
Examination date: November, 2018
Result announcement date: Second week of January, 2018
About Indian Institute of Management
The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) are a group of 20 public, autonomous institutes of management education and research in India. They primarily offer postgraduate, doctoral and executive education programs. The establishment of IIMs was initiated by Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India, based on the recommendation of the Planning Commission.
How to Apply CAT Examination/Registration:
- The Candidates who wants to appear the examination can register for CAT examination through online on official website iimcat.ac.in.
- CAT 2018 Application Form will be declare from the mid of August 2018.
- Go to the website of CAT and click on Registration.
- Enter the registration information and register to your profile like date of birth and Name.
- The new login “User ID and Password”will be generated by registration and check your email ID and mobile no. which is registered.
- Fill all the requested information like personal details, academic details, courses applying for and other relevant information.
- Upload your digital images of photo, required documents and signature, it must be in prescribed format.
- Select programme names.
- Now provide exam city preferences, you are allowed to select maximum four cities.
- Do the payment of requisite fee by using Credit Card (Visa / Master), debit card, Credit Card (American Express) and Debit Card (Visa / Master). Application fee for General / NC-OBC is Rs. 1600/- and for SC/ST /PWD (DA) category it is Rs. 800/-.
- Once you did the payment, a conformation email will be sent to your email ID.
- Applicants are needed to pay fee via online method only.
- Take hard copy of the filled application form for future references.
- Qualification:Applicants must have a UG degree in any courses from any applicable college as well as university.
- Percentage Required:The candidates should have minimum 50% marks or its equivalent CGPA (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/DA/PwD category applicants.
- Candidates those are appearing for final year graduation or its equivalent or awaiting for their result are eligible to apply. In this case, candidates will have to submit the necessary document latest by June 30, 2018.
IIM Name Courses Offered Official Website
IIM Visakhapatnam PGP www.iimv.ac.in
IIM Udaipur PGP www.iimu.ac.in
IIM Tiruchirappalli PGP and PGPBM www.iimtrichy.ac.in
IIM Sirmaur PGP www.iiml.ac.in/iimsirmaur
RGIIM Shillong PGP and PGPEX www.iimshillong.in
IIM Sambalpur PGP www.iimidr.ac.in/iimi/
IIM Rohtak PGP and EPGP www.iimrohtak.ac.in
IIM Ranchi PGDM and PGDHRM www.iimranchi.ac.in
IIM Raipur PGP and PGPWE www.iimraipur.ac.in
IIM Nagpur PGP www.iimnagpur.ac.in
IIM Lucknow PGP, PGP-ABM and PGPSM www.iiml.ac.in
IIM Kozhikode PGP www.iimk.ac.in
IIM Kashipur PGP and EPGPM www.iimkashipur.ac.in
IIM Indore PGP and EPGP www.iimidr.ac.in
IIM Calcutta PGP-PGDM www.iimcal.ac.in
IIM Bodh Gaya PGP www.iimcal.ac.in/iimbihar
IIM Bangalore PGP, PGPEM and PGPPM www.iimb.ernet.in
IIM Amritsar PGP www.iimamritsar.ac.in
IIM Ahmedabad PGP and PGP-FABM www.iimahd.ernet.in
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
There are 3 sections in the test
Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)
Quantitative Ability (QA)
Section Duration in Minutes No. of Question Total Marks
Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation 60 32 96
Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability 60 34 102
Quantitative Ability 60 34 102
Total 180 100 300
The total duration of the test is 180 minutes or 3 hours. However, each section of the test has a time limit of 1 hour each.
Negative Marking:For multiple choice questions, 1 mark will be minus for incorrect response and for questions additional than MCQs no marks will be subtracted.
Syllabus for CAT examination:
- Applicants may practices with the mock test to know the exam pattern and syllabus of CAT.
- The syllabus including of 4 sections, i.e. Mathematics or Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, English and Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning.
- Questions will be come from the above listed topics/subjects.
- To perform better in the CAT 2018 examination, applicants are suggested to analyses the completed syllabus for their CAT examination preparations.